Please Login to OpenNTF:
Did you happen to forget your password? Reset it here
IBM Connections Downloads
Videos on YouTube
Source Control on GitHub
IBM Collaboration Solutions News
Open Eclipse Update Site
ACL and Cluster Tool
Web Components Samples for Domino Access Services
Demonstration Application for XPages
POI 4 XPages
Command Line EMail Client
OpenNTF is happy to announce and launch the
IBM XPages App Dev Contest
WebGate Consulting AG
which is part of the
. Contribute your open source project between now and June 23rd and have a chance to win one of five $1000 prizes.
Roman Weber, CEO of WebGate Consulting AG, said:
"Education is one of our core corporate values. WebGate Consulting AG is proud to sponsor the XPages App Dev Contest 2013, which brings together extraordinary talent and supports innovation in the community. Additionally OpenNTF is a great platform to recognize technology leadership and we are excited to be a part of it."
All types of OpenNTF projects can be nominated that use XPages or OSGi. This includes the following areas:
- XPages applications (NSFs)
- XPages custom controls (in NSFs)
- Custom XPages extension libraries
- Custom OSGi bundles for IBM Domino
- DOTS tasklets
Implementation: Participants can choose how to implement their projects. There are no prerequisites to use certain technologies other than that the projects need to work in/with XPages or OSGi on IBM Domino. All contributions need to work on IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.3 and/or IBM Domino 9.0. They can also require the latest XPages Extension Library and DOTS release from OpenNTF.
Here are some ideas what developers could build for the contest:
- Aggregation of entries from various social networks of specific users
- Generic replicator between Domino NSFs and mobile devices
- Notification system if certain Notes documents have changed
- Personal document library federating docs from Dropbox, Drive, Connections, LotusLive etc.
- Personal bookmarks federating from Twitter, Connections, etc.
- Gamification system for XPages apps
- Simple project/team task management app with mobile interface
- XPages extension library for responsive design
- Analysis tool to track how many certain web pages have been visited
Awards and Recognition
All prizes will be cash prizes. Winners can decide whether they want to receive Amazon vouchers (US only) or whether they want to get paid via PayPal or check.
The five winners of this contest will receive $1000 each.
OpenNTF will also create videos and screenshots (if not done by contributors), blog about these controls and have them put on an OpenNTF web page as done for the previous contests.
We'll use the following criteria when judging the contributions:
1) Reusability, consumability and documentation
2) "Wow" factor and completeness of solution
3) Overall business value
4) Amount of work to build the submission(s)
The judging will be done by OpenNTF again but we invite people from the community to participate in the judging. In that case they obviously cannot participate themselves and cannot judge submissions from colleagues in the same company.
Everyone can participate and submit nominations, with the exception of the OpenNTF Board of Directors. While members of the Board may not personally submit a nomination, other employees of their respective companies may submit. A contribution can be submitted by more than one person but the award would have to be shared between the submitters. Winners should also be aware of any rules that their employer, state or local company has regarding participating in contests and winning prizes.
Prerequisites for valid Submissions
Any open source project may be submitted for consideration for this contest that has been accepted for either the Apache or GPL catalog on OpenNTF. The following points describe in details these prerequisites.
1. Authors need to be approved OpenNTF contributors, e.g. they need to be covered by an ICLA or CCLA (
2. Submissions have to be posted under one of the four accepted OpenNTF licences. For example for Apache submissions the Apache license has to be applied correctly (
3. Submissions must have been cleared by the ip-manager at openntf dot org so that they can be added to either the Apache or GPL catalog. Contact the IP manager if you need to use third party code.
4. Submissions need at least to provide two or three paragraphs of documentation, some screenshots and in the optimal case a short demo video (all in English).
5. All new project releases are eligible that have been created after the fourth contest ended (12/02/2012). Existing releases can not be nominated but parts of existing projects can be reused and extended.
You need to have the code on OpenNTF and send a mail to support at openntf dot org and ip-manager at openntf dot org (for IP clearance).
June 23th 2013: Deadline for submissions
One or two weeks later: Announcement of winners
OpenNTF would appreciate if you could help us to promote this contest.
Please feel free to use any of the following graphics
and link to
Appathon - large
IBM Connections App Dev Contest - wide
IBM Connections App Dev Contest - small
XPages Contest - wide
XPages Contest - small
Two Contests - animated
App Dev Contests - small